Note: this module requires an iPad
After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Conduct real time, self paced, assignments and activities with his or her students
- Save and access quick assignment results
- Understand real time, self paced assignments and activities from a student’s perspective
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial below
- Watch the student tutorial and teacher training videos: click here
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
- Find a partner to practice Classkick
- Both participants should download the Classkick app. One participant will click on the “Teacher? Head this way” button and complete the steps to create a teacher account. The other participant will be the student and will receive a code to type in once an assignment has been created.
- From your teacher account, click “+add” to create an assignment. Title your assignment and click on the first blank page to add content.
- Create your first page and be sure to include the following elements:
- Audio Recording
- Web Link
- Click the checkmark once you have completed that page and select “add question” to create a second page
- Once your pages are complete, click the “+” to add a new roster. Share the code with your partner and have them log in.
- Your partner can work through the assignment while you “View Student Work” on your screen
- Now let’s switch roles. Go back to step 2 and practice it from the other role.
If you finish early, here are extension tasks to try:
- As a student:
- complete the assignment using the text, drawing, and eraser tools
- raise your hand to signal for help
- raise your hand to signal checking your work
- As a teacher:
- acknowledge your students hand that was raised
- offer assistance to your student by drawing on their page
- check your students work by providing comments/feedback and/or points
- Practice creating new assignments