Note: this module should be done AFTER completing the “Edmodo” TIME.
After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Create and assign an Edmodo quiz
- Understand Edmodo quizzes from a student’s perspective
- Access Edmodo quiz analytics
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial below
- Walking through the step-by-step guide: click here
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
*Note: Math teachers should consider watching this as well:
- Create a new quiz
- Title your quiz “Last name – CBD”
- Set a time limit for your quiz
- Create at least one item of each question type
- Explore the quiz options
- How could these options be helpful to you and/or your students?
- Preview your quiz and take the entire quiz just like you would as a student
- Assign your quiz to your group members
- Be sure to check “Add to Gradebook”
- Take one of your colleague’s quizzes and make sure one of your colleagues takes yours
- After one of your colleagues has taken your quiz, explore the quiz analytics and grading options
- CLICK for support (video and instructions)
- Be sure to click the “Turned In” button as well as the “Progress” icon in the upper left-hand corner of your screen to see the differences in each view of the quiz scores.
- What do you like about the Edmodo quiz analytics?
- What would you change about it?
If you finish early, here are extension tasks to try:
- Explore loading and editing the quiz you just created
- What happens when you try to edit a quiz that has already been taken?
- Explore loading a previous question when editing or creating a quiz
- What are the pros/cons of the question bank formatting Edmodo uses?
- Explore another aspect of Edmodo Quizzes: CLICK
- What did you learn?