Note: this module should be done AFTER completing the “Google Forms Basic” TIME
After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Use a variety of Google Form question types and advanced features.
- Grade Google Form responses with Flubaroo.
- Setup AutoGrade for Google Form responses with Flubaroo.
- Email results to students.
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial here below
- Searching on a Flubaroo Help page: CLICK or the Flubaroo page for power users: CLICK
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
- Open up the Google form that you created during the Google Form Basic TIME (or any other Google Form TIME).
- Add several additional questions types. (Remember that some questions can be more easily graded through autograding.) Recommendations:
- View the form live and fill it out with answers that you consider to be correct. This submission will serve as the answer key for grading purposes. (It is required to set up the grader.)
- Choose “Responses” and then click on “Create Spreadsheet.”
- When the spreadsheet opens, select the “Add-ons” tab at the top and “Get Add-ons.”
- When you return to the “Add-ons” menu, you will see Flubaroo as an option.
- After you finish, a new sheet will appear at the bottom of your responses spreadsheet called “Grades.” View that sheet to examine your results.
- If your colleagues submitted the form with a correct email address, they should receive an email immediately with their results. Any new attempts will automatically receive a grade and an email as well.
- Either attempt the form again or have another colleague attempt it to see how the autograde responds to subsequent submissions.
- Try adding short answer or essay questions and using “Grade by Hand” in the Flubaroo grader.
- Consider creating an adaptive assessment using page breaks and the “Go to section based on answer” option (under the question options on the Form).
Explore an adapted assessment approach by creating page breaks between each question and selecting “Go to page based on answer.” You can find an example adapted assessment here: CLICK