After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Create a form in Google Drive to use for collecting data
- Share forms with students
- Review the collected data for analysis
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial below.
- Searching on a Google Help page: click here (create, edit, & format) or click here (form responses)
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
- Create a form in your Google Drive and title it.
- Create text questions to gather your respondents’ first name, last name, and email.
a. *Putting “First Name” and “Last Name” in separate questions will allow you to organize form results more effectively later.
b. Email should also be a separate text question.
- Create a new “Section” or page for the actual quiz questions.
- Create a multiple choice question with answers choices.
a. Add help text if your question requires it.
b. Randomize option order, if desired.
- Add at least one additional question of your choice.
a. Drop Down questions function like Multiple Choice.
b. Text Questions can be used like Fill-in-the-Blank.
c. Multiple Select can have more than one right answer.
- Choose a theme for your form.
- Be sure your responses section has the desired settings (“Accepting Responses” and notifications, if desired).
- Preview the Form to see student view and submit it.
- Return to the form to activate Quiz mode and change other settings.
- Try sharing the quiz with others via the “Send” button.
a. Have a few colleagues take your quiz.
b. Take your own quiz, too.
- Once colleagues have completed their responses, explore the “Responses” tab.
a. Look through the summary and individual sections.
b. Feel free to examine the spreadsheet, as well.
- Experiment with creating other question types
- Notice how the results appear in the response spreadsheet and how the summary of responses looks for each question type
- Add a page break, image, and/or video to your form
- Explore the “Form Settings” at the top of your form as well as the “Advanced Settings” within each question
- Practice reordering, duplicating, and deleting questions