Foreign Language Apps for the Classroom
Eighty New Apps to Learn a Foreign Language (Free) – TONS of resources, links, apps.
Google Translate (Free) – Translate the spoken and written word in a variety of languages.
Count to Ten (Free) – Teaches you how to count from 1-10 in ten different languages.
General Apps Links
Here is the Apple in Education link to search the recommended Education Apps for the iPad and iPod touch and iPhone. This link gives some suggestions, but it does not give all the apps that are in the education category. It is at least a place to start.
- APPitic – This is a great site with over 1,300 reviews done by Apple Distinguished Educations. These apps have been tested in different grade levels with many different instructional strategies.
- Mind Leap – This is an excellent site that rates its apps on a five star scale. Also, gives reviews on educational quality, engagement factor, and shelf life.
- IEAR – This is a great site to visit. This site provides reviewed apps by teachers and you can look at many different categories and subject areas.
- Ipad Curriculum – This is a great blog that reviews iPad apps and gives ideas on how to implement them into your classroom. This has a nice search bar.
- Lucy’s Ipad Resources – This link is to a Google Doc that has a variety of topics from classroom apps to articles about apps.
- 40 Amazing Educational Apps for Kids – This site provides different apps sorted by subject area.
- Middle School Ipad Apps – This page will house suggested iPad apps for Middle Schools. (Primary Contact: John Shoemaker firstname.lastname@example.org)
- App Annie – This link has a lot of different apps sorted by paid, free, and grossing.