Note: this module should be completed AFTER completing the “Schoology” module.
After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Create and assign a Schoology quiz
- Understand Schoology quizzes from a student’s perspective
- Access Schoology quiz analytics
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial below
- Walking through the step-by-step guide: click here
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
- Add a Test/Quiz to your course
- Name your assessment “Last name – CBD”
- Fill out the descriptors
- Note: Your assessment won’t be added to the gradebook unless you choose a gradebook category (Categories are created in the Gradebook tab)
- Add at least one item of each question type
- Explore the item options at the bottom of each question
- What did you learn about item options?
- Preview your Test/Quiz and take the entire quiz just like you would as a student
- Make your Test/Quiz available to your group members using the “Settings” tab
- Be sure to explore all of the Test/Quiz options if you haven’t already and try a few of the settings out
- Take one of your colleague’s Test/Quiz and make sure one of your colleagues takes yours
- After one of your colleagues has taken your Test/Quiz, explore the “Results” tab and Gradebook (if you gave your Test/Quiz a grading category)
- What do you like about the Schoology Test/Quiz results and analytics?
- What would you change about it?
If you finish early, here are extension tasks to try:
- Export the stats of the Test/Quiz you just created and your colleagues just took
- Download the file from the “Transfer History” tab under “Account Settings”
- View the file
- What value does a download option like this have?
- Explore another aspect of Schoology Tests/Quizzes here
- What did you learn?