After completing this module, the professional learner will be able to:
- Conduct real time quick assessments with his or her students
- Save and access quick assessment results
- Understanding quick assessments from a student’s perspective
We would like you to accomplish the tasks listed below. If you need support, please consider the following resources:
- Watching the video tutorial below
- Walking through the user guide, click here
- Asking a colleague around you for assistance
- Asking one of the CBD trainers for assistance
- Find a partner to practice Socrative with
- One of you should be the “teacher” while the other should be the “student”
- The “teacher” should go to socrative.com and click “Teacher Sign Up”
- Sign up for an account
- Find your room ID and give it to the “student”
- The “student” should go to socrative.com and click “Student Log In”
- As a student, log in to your colleague’s room with their room ID
- From the teacher account, start a Quick Question. Practice all three of the different Single Question Activity options together with your “student”. What are the different monitoring/accountability options for each question type?
- Save the results of one Single Question Activity. What type of file is saved?
- Now let’s switch roles. Go back to step 2 and practice it from the other role.
If you finish early, here are extension tasks to try:
- Both of you can log into your teacher account. Create a new quiz under the Manage Quizzes tab. Add a new quiz with several questions. Try different types of question formats.
- When finished creating your quiz, have one person stay logged in as a teacher, while the other logs in as a student.
- From the teacher account, run the quiz from the main menu. Explore the advanced quiz options.
- From the student login, take the quiz. How do the advanced quiz options effect your quiz taking experience?
- From the teacher account, once the quiz has been submitted, end the activity and save the results. What options are available to you for saving results?
- From the teacher account, go back to the quiz you created and share the SOC number with your colleague.
- Have your colleague import your quiz to their account using the SOC number you gave them.