The end of the school year looms, but alongside the joys of summer break creep the dreads of end-of-year maintenance. On Schoology, this can mean another grand headache…
Unless you know what’s coming!
If your district is using Schoology Enterprise (paid version), this is actually quite simple!
- Your course(s) will automagically archive once the term ends
- To find them again, you can simply view archived courses (Course tab > See All > Archived)
- To save or copy materials to Resources or other Courses, simply open the archived course.
- Or you can save materials before the course archives
If your district is not on Enterprise (you are a Schoology Basic user), the process will be manual.
- Save your materials to Resources (if desired)
- Open the See All menu (Courses tab > See All)
- Select the settings wheel (gear)
- Choose “Delete Section” or “Archive Section”
- Remember, you can always find Archived and Deleted courses and access materials. There is no permanent delete.
For more details on how to accomplish these feats, watch this tutorial video: A Teacher’s Guide to Ending the Year on Schoology